Sunday, June 8, 2008

Email Test/Magic Online/PS3

Shooting this blog entry from an email address to see if that feature works.

A friend of mine made me a very generous offer recently: a huge pile of cards to start playing Magic: Online with. Sadly, last I checked Wizards of the Coast has not bothered to make a Macintosh-compatible client, thus, I've been SOL to even try to play this game. However, some new things have happened of late: I have come into possession of an Intel based Apple laptop that I might just test this out on.

Today I took another step into Consumer Whoredom™ and applied for the Sony Credit Card. A credit card branded to a specific COMPANY of all things. This is our future. In any event, I did this because there is a running special that will credit your card $100 if you make a $299+ purchase in the first 45 days. As it turns out, I am eagerly awaiting June 12, so that I can acquire a PS3 system that actually has some I/O on it (the old 40GB PS3's have no flash/memory card access ports, and only 2 USB ports - which makes it a real pain in the butt to get Rockband working). Plus this reprise of the 80GB model means, of course, a little more disk space. Sony does have a nice product line here, but they do seem to botch up pretty badly making things accessible.

I am looking forward to the creation of my PS3 gamer account as well - while the XBox360 has support for this kind of persistent on-line gamer persona as well, they charge you money to actually PLAY any games online so I've not even bothered to get the WiFi connector for the XBox.

I feel very excited these days, having gotten away from World of Warcraft - so much extra time means more games to try and more time to play them :)

No comments: